Patient Complaints Procedure
It is our aim to always have satisfied patients, to meet your expectations of care and service and to resolve any complaints as efficiently, effectively and politely as possible. We take complaints very seriously, investigating them in a full and fair way and take great care to protect your confidentiality. We learn from complaints to improve our care and service. We will never discriminate against patients who have made a complaint and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this procedure.
If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our care or service, please let us know as soon as possible to allow us to address your concerns promptly. We accept complaints made verbally as well as written complaints.
Georgia Rice is the Complaints Manager and will be your personal contact to assist you with any complaints.
You can send your complaints to SDA Dental Studio, Unit 1, 9 Salter Street, London, E14 8BH, call us on – 0207-9872-480 or email the Complaints Manager on
If the Complaints Manager is unavailable, we will take brief details about the complaint and will arrange for a meeting when it is suitable for you and the practice. We will keep comprehensive and confidential records of your complaint, which will be stored securely and only be accessible by those who need to know about your complaint. If the complaint investigation takes longer than anticipated, the Complaints Manager will contact you at least every ten working day to keep you informed of the reason for any delays, the progress of the investigation and the proposed date it will be completed.
When the investigation has been completed, you will be informed of its outcome in writing. We will make our response clear, addressing each of your concerns as best as we can. You will also be invited to a meeting to discuss the results and any practical solutions that we can offer to you. These solutions could include replacing treatment, refunding fees paid, referring you for specialist treatments or other solutions that meet your needs and resolve the complaint.
We regularly analyse patient complaints to learn from them and to improve our services. That’s why we always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and complaints. If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint you can take the matter further, please see the contacts below.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint you can contact the GDC private dental complaints service within 12 months of the treatment or within 12 months of becoming aware of the issue. Please see the contact details below.
GDC private dental complaints service can be contacted by calling 020 8253 0800 or visiting www.dentalcomplaints.org.uk.
You can also contact who may be able to help.
The General Dental Council is responsible for regulating all dental professionals. You can complain using their online form at www.gdc-uk.org contact them on
or by calling 020 7167 6000.
Last modified: 02 Nov 2020 SDA Dental Studio, Unit 1-9 Salter Street, E14 8BH G 110C – Patient Complaints Procedure, Ver 5, Folder 6, Page 1 of 2
Please use this section to complete the complaints procedure above and then delete this section.
- In England = NHS England at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line
- In Northern Ireland = the Complaints Officer, HSCB, [Northern/Southern/Eastern/ Western] area office, 12-22 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BS. Email:
email@example.com Telephone: 028 9536 3893
- In Scotland = The local Health Board. The Health Board can facilitate communication between you and the practice but has no responsibility to investigate complaints. [HB contact details here]
- In England = We aim to resolve verbal complaints within 24 hours where possible, but if you complain in writing the Complaints Manager will will send an acknowledgement letter within 3 working days and will aim to provide a full response in writing as soon as practical.
- In England = the Parliamentary Health Ombudsman (England): by calling 0345 015 4033 or visiting
- In Northern Ireland = the Northern Ireland Ombudsman by calling 0800 343 424 or visiting www.nidirect.gov.uk
- In Scotland = Scottish Public Services Ombudsman by calling 0800 377 7330 or visiting
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) who regulates private and NHS dental care services in England by calling 03000 616161. They can take action against a service provider that is not meeting their standards
- The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) who is Northern Ireland’s independent health and social care regulator) by calling 028 9051 7500. It can investigate complaints about independent (private) healthcare providers
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) who has responsibility for the regulation of independent healthcare services in Scotland by calling 0131 623 4300
100% 5.0 reviews on Google
100% 5/5 reviews on Facebook
Rated "Excellent" on Trust Pilot
NEW PATIENTS ALWAYS WELCOME
Here at SDA Dental Studio, we are always delighted to welcome new patients to our dentist clinic in Canary Wharf.
Book your consultation today
CALL: 0207 9872 480
Unit 1, 9 Salter Street, E14 8BH - Adjacent to Westferry DLR Station
0207 9872 480
0744 853 2704
Mon – Thurs : 9am - 10pm
Fri : 9am - 6pm
Sat : 9am - 4pm
Sun : 9am - 6pm
Mon – Sun : 9am - 12pm